Sweet potato hummus. Yes, that’s right. #lunch #culinarygoodess
- Jazz Reception + O’Pub drinks with Sandra and Sarah
- Squash-Apple soup failure
- PSL cupcakes round 2
- Gym 2x
- Reading list meeting with Anita + positive progress
- Birthday gift from Christina!!
- Advising meeting with Mad
- Chats with my sister
- Sweet potato mac & cheese casserole!
- Costume Party/Minnie Mouse
- PSL cupcakes round 3 (perfection)
- MAASU Leadership Retreat presentation
- NYC prep
- Cleveland roadtrip for the Zetzer wedding
Panera lunch, finally!
Pumpkin spice macarons
Rehearsal dinner, old friends, new acquaintances
The wedding & the reception & dancing all night long
- Catching up on the work and the sleep
- Sent reading list & rationale draft to committee chair. Fingers crossed that she likes it.
- $45 on dry cleaning and clothing repairs
- Ricardo Bohl’s lecture on quinoa
- Oxmag reading + drinks with friends
- Jazz Reception
- PSL Cupcakes
William Cronon, “The Trouble with Wilderness”
Thinking of Kenyon today. <3
- MEGAA party
- Sleepover with Bren + Farmer’s market morning
- Saturday productivity
- Green tea & lavender bath
- 40 Student conferences in two days
- Culinary adventure: Squash bowls!
- Zodiac at Peabody Manor
- Oil change and a clean bill of health on my car
- Casserole dish find at TJ Maxx!
- 11th Month anniversary Letter from le Tony with a Panera gift card!
- Beautiful manicure + weekend prep
- LE TONY IN OHIO!!
- Elliot & Nicole’s Wedding/Cleveland/Miami Mergers/Kenyon Konnections
- GRILLED PIZZA & PUMPKIN WHEAT BEER & GREY’S ANATOMY ANTISOCIAL FRIDAY NIGHT
- Saturday productivity - in which I sent my letter writers and mentors my Ph.D. writing samples and statements.
- Tuesday errands
- PUMPKIN SPICE COFFEE CREAMER
- Jody Bates fiction reading/Tomorrowland release
- Tiffany Yip presentation and reception
- Pumpkin & Sausage pasta
- Heatwave. UGH.
- MLB Playoffs
- MEGAA Party
- Farmer’s Market
- Colder weather
I’m not sorry to say that I just don’t buy it. First, the just plain annoying high-pitched voices and their over-enthusiastic love of every single thing the judges say or do, I can’t even. Second, the groups of 8 cooking vastly different foods wasn’t exactly fair. Third, the way these kids talk about food, cook it, and plate it? These kids are not “home cooks.” For the most part, they seem like some very upper middle class kids with whose parents sent them to some fancy cooking classes, multiple years in a row.
- Grilled/smoked eggplant
- Basil-lime-chicken dinner a la Bret & Tyler
- Writing Center Boot Camp
- Sunday Art/Arch productivity
- Gym 3x
- Reading list meeting with Theresa K
- Wednesday night gossip
- Fall season premeires
- pizza & beer
- finishing up writing sample, Ph.D. statements
- NeMLA proposals
Debut of my white pencil skirt. #teaching #fashion #wednesday
- PhD apps meeting with Yu-Fang
- OTR walking with Brittney, run-in with le Tony’s grandpa, dinner at Lavomatic
- Farmer’s market and Uptown walking
- Kenyon College Football at Earlham College, sadly a loss
- Fiesta Charra dinner & drinks
- Sunday morning reading & tea drinking
- Insidious Chapter 2
- sending Brittney off on the Megabus
- OxMag reading & Wednesday night drinks at Quarter Barrel
- Thursday discussion leading in eco-crit seminar
- Baba ganoush
- Writing Boot Camp
- fall temperatures
- finish grading Inquiry 1
Categorically, Big Brother 15 will go down as one of the worst seasons ever… when ironically, it was maybe one of the most harshly real depictions of majority-minority relations in America. It may not have been as fun as BB14, or as rigged as BB13 (thank God), but it will surely never be forgotten. When a reality show can transcend it’s own scripting (Diary Room) and awful competitions to actually focus on a greater social issue… that is something that needs to happen more often. If only the producers could have handled it a little bit better…
Sometimes I want to ask strangers to co-author my future papers about these very topics.